Central Illinois Felony Attorneys
Aggressive Legal Representation for Felony Charges in Illinois
When charged with a felony offense, you need an attorney who will pull out all the stops to protect your best interests. Felonies carry much stricter penalties than misdemeanors, with high fines and lengthy prison sentences. Even more severe, however, is having the felony conviction marked in your criminal record, which will show up in all background checks.
At Johnson Law Group, our dedicated felony lawyers in Central Illinois fight tirelessly to clear our clients’ names. Even if it’s not possible to completely dismiss all charges, it is often possible to have them reduced or even dropped down to a misdemeanor.
Illinois Felony Classes
Felonies are distinguished by different classes that depend on the severity of the crime and inform the severity of the punishment.
Classes of felonies in Illinois are as follows:
- Class 4 Felony – The lightest felony charge. Consequences include 1 to 3 years in prison and fines up to $25,000.
- Class 3 Felony – Consequences include 2 to 5 years in prison and fines up to $25,000.
- Class 2 Felony – Consequences include 3 to 7 years in prison and fines up to $25,000.
- Class 1 Felony – Consequences include 4 to 15 years in prison and fines up to $25,000 in prison.
- Class X Felony – The most serious felony charge, usually reserved for violent and sexual crimes. Consequences include 6 to 30 years in prison.
Regardless of the classification of felony, these consequences are serious and should not be taken lightly. We understand that this is a stressful time, but it is important to not give up. You are innocent until proven guilty and have a right to capable legal representation.
The Central Illinois felony attorneys of Johnson Law Group have helped countless people fight these charges. Our team is known for its personal touch and strong record of outstanding outcomes. You do not have to go through this alone.
Request your free consultation today by calling (309) 565-8825.
FFL Revocation Hearing Won Gun Crimes
Order of Protection Cases Defended Assault & Battery
Felony Cases Successfully Defended Assault & Battery
Title IX Hearing Successfully Defended Title IX
Probation Drug Crimes
Meet Our TeamGet to know the highly-qualified and experienced attorneys that will be on your case.
TestimonialsOur clients value us as much as we value them. Read what our clients have to say about us.
In the NewsOur attorneys are frequently featured in the news throughout Central Illinois.