Criminal Defense Lawyer in Decatur IL
Offering Experienced and Aggressive Legal Representation
Have you been arrested for a crime in Illinois? It is important to take immediate action and secure the legal assistance of an aggressive Decatur criminal defense lawyer from our firm. We have a strong track record of success and the necessary experience handling all types of criminal law cases to be able to effectively represent you.
Many of our Decatur criminal defense attorneys are former police officers and prosecutors who have a unique advantage when representing people who are accused of a criminal offense. With our insight, we can accurately anticipate the moves of law enforcement and prosecutors so that we can present a strong defense on your behalf.
Types of Cases We Handle
At Johnson Law Group, we focus on every detail involved in our clients' cases so that we fully explore every defense option available to them. The penalties you could face if convicted are likely to be severe, which is why we are prepared to give our full attention and energy to your case.
Contact our firm at your earliest convenience to discuss the specific details of your situation with a criminal defense attorney in Decatur, IL.
We Can Assist You Through Any of the Following Types of Cases:
- Drug Crimes - If you are facing an arrest or are under investigation fort a drug crime, you could be sentenced to substantial penalties. You can be arrested for cases involving possession, trafficking, cultivation and a variety of other circumstances. Most of these cases are charged as felonies.
- DUI - Whether this is your first charge for driving under the influence (DUI) or you have received DUI convictions in the past, you will need a strong defense. A lawyer from our firm can fight for a reduction or dismissal of your charges. Generally, you can be arrested after failing a breath test, blood test, or field sobriety test.
- Felonies - A criminal offense can be charged as either a felony or misdemeanor. Felonies are reserved for the most serious types of crimes in the criminal law system. These are crimes that were committed on government property, across state lines, against the government, and other serious offenses. They are typically punishable by more than a year in federal prison.
- Murder - The offense of murder is charged as a felony and is the most severe criminal charge. Facing a charge for murder can be frustrating and frightening. The Decatur criminal defense attorneys at our firm can help you fight these charges if you have been accused of taking the life of another individual.
- Pre-File Investigations - Prior to being arrested or charged for a criminal offense, you can obtain our firm's help while you are under investigation. You have the right to be represented by a Decatur criminal defense lawyer and you do not have to wait to be charged or arrested to retain us.
- Sex Crimes - Sex crime convictions carry heavy penalties in both criminal and civil cases. Sex crimes range from indecent exposure and prostitution to child molestation and rape. Allegations of any of these crimes can ruin a person's personal and professional life. Hire an our Decatur criminal defense attorney immediately to protect your name and your rights.
- Theft Crimes - Crimes of theft vary in their level of severity. Penalties and charges often depend on the value of the item or items that were stolen. A person can be guilty of theft if they have taken another person's property without consent and have no intention of giving it back.
- Weapon Charges - A conviction for weapon offenses can result in serious consequences. Some of the most common penalties for this type of offense include heavy fines and incarceration. Learn more about your Second Amendment right to bear arms and various defense strategies we may be able to apply to your case.
Fighting Charges of a Criminal Offense
It is imperative to secure the legal assistance of a criminal defense lawyer in Decatur, IL from our firm. We aggressively represent your charges to help you obtain the best outcome possible. We provide effective and unyielding representation for any type of criminal charge you may be facing. Our firm's attorneys have a combined over 100 years of experience and are prepared to fight for you.
Obtain a free case evaluation today to be represented by one of our Decatur, IL criminal defense lawyers.
Cases We HandleExclusively Dedicated to Criminal Defense
- Blood & Breath Tests
- Domestic Violence
- Driver’s License Reinstatement
- Drug Crimes
- DUI Penalties
- Expungements, Sealing & Pardons
- Field Sobriety Tests
- Pre-File Investigation
- Sex Crimes
- Theft Crimes
- Title IX Investigations
- Weapon Charges
- White Collar Crime
See Our Track Record of Success
FFL Revocation Hearing Won FFL Revocation Hearing Won
Order of Protection Cases Defended Order of Protection Cases Defended
Felony Cases Successfully Defended Felony Cases Successfully Defended
Title IX Hearing Successfully Defended Title IX Hearing Successfully Defended
Probation People v. J.L
Mark D. Johnson Founding Partner
Brendan Bukalski Managing Partner
Kevin Sanborn Attorney
Douglas B. Johnson Attorney
Brent R. Wright Investigator
Ken D. Eckhauser Attorney
Eric M. Schwing Attorney
Kelly Bushue-Shapley Legal Assistant
Dawn Trent Legal Assistant
Holly McCann Legal Assistant
Bethany Fry Administrative Assistant
Kristina Feulner Legal Assistant