Sex Offenses Defense
Bloomington, IL Sex Crime Lawyer
Defending Against Sex Crime Charges in Illinois
Nothing can tarnish your reputation quite like being convicted of a sex offense. Depending on the charges being made against you, not only will you have to face serious penalties such as expensive fines and imprisonment, but you may also be required to register as a sex offender.
This can significantly reduce your chances of obtaining adequate employment in the future because most employers will hesitate to hire someone with a sexual conviction on their record.
Type Of Sex Crimes We Handle
Our Bloomington, IL sex crimes lawyers can help defend clients accused of sex-related matters such as:
- Sex offender registration
- Child pornography
- Date rape
- Prostitution and solicitation
- Sexual assault of a child
- Rape and sexual assault
Our legal team is comprised of former prosecutors and police officers who possess extensive knowledge of the criminal system and can apply it to the advantage of your case. We can anticipate how your case will be prosecuted in court and can prepare accordingly. Our Bloomington, IL, sex crimes attorneys work closely with investigators and experts to carefully review all the incriminating evidence brought against you in search of strengths and weaknesses in your case.
What are the Penalties for Sex Crimes in Illinois?
Sex crime convictions in Illinois carry severe penalties, ranging from fines to imprisonment, and can have everlasting implications on your personal and professional life. While specifics may vary based on the nature and severity of the charges, common penalties for sex crimes in Illinois include:
- Fines: Convictions often result in significant fines, placing a financial burden on the accused.
- Imprisonment: Depending on the severity of the particular offense, individuals convicted of sex crimes may face substantial prison sentences, potentially leading to long-term incarceration.
- Probation: In some instances, the court may set probation, requiring strict adherence to specific conditions, such as counseling or restrictions on contact with certain individuals.
- Sex Offender Registration: A conviction may necessitate registration as a sex offender, impacting where you can live, work, and your overall community standing.
- Loss of Professional Licenses: Professionals in certain fields may face the revocation of licenses, jeopardizing their careers.
- Restraining Orders: Courts may issue restraining orders to protect alleged victims, limiting contact between the accused and the complainant.
Defenses Against Sex Crime Charges
Some common defenses against sex crime charges may include:
- Consent: Demonstrating that the alleged actions were consensual can be a powerful defense strategy. This requires a thorough examination of the facts surrounding the encounter.
- False Accusations: Sex crime cases sometimes involve false accusations driven by motives such as revenge, jealousy, or personal vendettas. Our attorneys diligently investigate to expose any inconsistencies or ulterior motives behind the charges.
- Lack of Evidence: A strong defense may focus on challenging the prosecution's evidence, highlighting gaps or inconsistencies that cast doubt on the case's validity.
- Mistaken Identity: Cases involving mistaken identity can arise, and we work diligently to establish a credible alibi or present evidence that challenges the accuracy of eyewitness accounts.
- Fourth Amendment Violations: Unlawful searches or seizures can compromise the integrity of evidence. Our legal team scrutinizes police conduct to identify and challenge any violations of constitutional rights.
- Statute of Limitations: Asserting that the charges were filed beyond the statute of limitations can be a potent defense, rendering the prosecution's case legally invalid.
Why Hire Johnson Law Group
Our Bloomington, IL, sex crimes attorneys are particularly skilled in the area where sex crimes intersect with the Internet, including cases involving child pornography and solicitation of a minor in online chat rooms. We understand the technology involved and, more importantly, the laws that have been established in relation to it. We know the differences between how hard documents and online communications can be used in court, particularly in terms of what can be admitted as evidence.
Contact Our Bloomington, IL Sex Crime Attorney Today
No matter how minor or complicated your sex offense case may seem, our firm is ready and willing to help you resolve it in the most efficient manner possible. Our goal is to help you walk away from this nightmare of a situation with the most positive case result possible, whether that is a reduction of charges or even a case dismissal. Ready to begin defending yourself against sex offense charges?
FFL Revocation Hearing Won Gun Crimes
Order of Protection Cases Defended Assault & Battery
Felony Cases Successfully Defended Assault & Battery
Title IX Hearing Successfully Defended Title IX
Probation Drug Crimes
Meet Our TeamGet to know the highly-qualified and experienced attorneys that will be on your case.
TestimonialsOur clients value us as much as we value them. Read what our clients have to say about us.
In the NewsOur attorneys are frequently featured in the news throughout Central Illinois.