DUI Penalties Defense
DUI Penalties in Illinois
Decatur, IL DUI Attorney
If you are facing DUI charges, it's important that you realize that the criminal justice system has little tolerance for those who drink and drive. While people drive under the influence of alcohol all the time, only a small percentage of them actually get caught. If you were arrested for DUI, it's critical that you contact a Decatur DUI attorney from the Johnson Law Group. With over 100 years of combined experience, our dedicated DUI defense team has had numerous victories over the years through negotiations with the prosecutor or in the courtroom before a judge.
The last thing you want to do is plead guilty and accept the full impact of the penalties handed down to you by a judge. With an aggressive Decatur, IL DUI lawyer from our firm on your side, your chances of receiving a much more favorable outcome is greater than if you did nothing, and depending on the evidence, you may walk away with little impact on your driver's license and your criminal record. The penalties for a DUI conviction in Illinois are as follows:
First DUI Conviction
- A minimum one year loss of driving privileges.
- Up to one year in prison.
- A maximum $2,500 fine.
Second DUI Conviction
- A minimum five year loss of driving privileges for a second conviction within twenty years.
- Mandatory five days in jail or 240 hours of community service.
- The possibility of one year in prison.
- A maximum fine of $2,500.
Third DUI Conviction (Class 2 Felony)
- A minimum ten-year loss of driving privileges.
- A mandatory 18-30 month period of imprisonment.
- The possibility of seven years in prison.
- A maximum fine of $25,000
(Class 4 felony following an accident which resulted in great bodily injury or permanent disfigurement)
- A minimum one-year loss of driving privileges.
- A mandatory ten days of imprisonment or 480 hours of community service.
- The possibility of imprisonment for 12 years.
- A maximum $25,000 fine.
If you have been arrested for DUI, now is the time to contact a DUI attorney from the Johnson Law Group for defense representation. A DUI conviction can result in a suspended license, thousands of dollars in fines, imprisonment and not to mention a permanent criminal record.
You and your family deserve a second chance; contact our office today to find out how we can help you!
FFL Revocation Hearing Won Gun Crimes
Order of Protection Cases Defended Assault & Battery
Felony Cases Successfully Defended Assault & Battery
Title IX Hearing Successfully Defended Title IX
Probation Drug Crimes
Meet Our TeamGet to know the highly-qualified and experienced attorneys that will be on your case.
TestimonialsOur clients value us as much as we value them. Read what our clients have to say about us.
In the NewsOur attorneys are frequently featured in the news throughout Central Illinois.